adapted from Pasta Presto by Norman Kolpas
Crystal says, "Super Yummy! If I was marooned on a desert island, this is the one recipe I would have." Rob says, "I may need more than one recipe, but I could make do with this book alone!"
|1 1/4 c||packed spinach leaves|
|1/2 c||olive oil|
|1 c||grated Romano cheese|
|1 c||walnut pieces|
|2 T||lemon juice|
- Put all ingredients into a food processor with metal S-blade. Pulse food processor several times. Scrape down sides. Process continuously until smooth. Add a little water if it seems too thick.
- Toss with cooked pasta and enjoy!
Red Chicken Curry
from Sue Bell
Before the web came around, Rob used to carry this one around in his wallet in case of emergency!
|2 cans||coconut milk|
|1-2 T||red curry paste|
|1-2 T||Madras curry powder|
|2-3||chicken-breasts (skinned, de-boned)|
|2 T||fish sauce|
|2 cups||squash, peeled & cut up (or 1 small can pumpkin)|
|2 T||brown sugar|
|2 T||chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried sweet basil)|
- In a large (10-12 in) frying pan simmer the thick coconut milk from both cans (about 1/2 can) over moderate heat
- Increase heat. Add curry paste - cook for 5 min. Oil may separate out
- Add curry powder - cook for 1 min
- Add chicken - Stir fry til done
- Reduce heat. Add fish sauce - Stir fry 2 min
- Remove chicken w/ slotted spoon. Add rest of coconut milk, squash (or pumpkin) & sugar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 10-15 min until pumpkin is soft (not needed if using canned pumpkin)
- Add chicken & basil; simmer for 5 min. Serve over rice!